Degrees Offered at California State Polytechnic University
California State Polytechnic University appears in our ranking of 100 Affordable Public Schools With High 40-Year ROIs .
California State Polytechnic University is ranked highly for its academics. Students learn in hands-on environments throughout all the programs offered at the institution. California State Polytechnic University features eight colleges and a number of unique programs to select from.
Don B. Huntley College of Agriculture
- Agribusiness and Food Industry Management
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Science
- Apparel Merchandising and Management
- Food Science and Technology
- Plant Science
College of Business Administration
- Accounting Department
- Computer Information Systems Department
- Finance, Real Estate and Law Department
- International Business and Marketing Department
- Management and Human Resources Department
- Technology and Operations Management Department
College of Education and Integrative Studies
- Ethnic and Women’s Studies (EWS) Department
- Early Childhood Studies (ECS) Department
- Education (EDU) Department
- Interdisciplinary General Education (IGE) Department
- Liberal Studies (LS) Department
- Educational Leadership Department
College of Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering Department
- Chemicals and Materials Engineering Department
- Civil Engineering Department
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
- Electromechanical Engineering Technology Department
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering Department
- Mechanical Engineering Department
College of Environmental Design
- Architecture Department
- Art Department
- John T. Lyle Center for Regenerative Studies
- Landscape Architecture Department
- Urban and Regional Planning Department
Collins College of Hospitality Management
- B.S. in Hospitality Management
- M.S. in Hospitality Management
- Minor in Hospitality Management
- Minor in Culinology
- MBA – Hospitality Management Emphasis
College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
- Communication Department
- Economics Department
- English and Modern Languages Department
- Geography and Anthropology Department
- History Department
- Music Department
- Philosophy Department
- Political Science Department
- Psychology Department
- Sociology Department
- Theatre and New Dance Department
College of Science
- Biological Sciences Department
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Computer Science Department
- Geological Sciences Department
- Kinesiology and Health Promotion Department
- Mathematics and Statistics Department
- Physics and Astronomy Department
College of Extended University
- Cal Poly English Language Institute
- Professional and Corporate Development (PD)
- Global Education Institute (GEI)
- International Center (IC)
- American Semester Programs (ASP)
- Cal Poly Pomona (CPP)
About California State Polytechnic University
California State Polytechnic University is home to 24,214 undergraduate students and 1,580 graduate students. The average class size is 35 students at the undergraduate level and 15 at the graduate level. It’s because of these impressive statistics that California State Polytechnic University is highly ranked and considered to be one of the best public universities in the Western United States. The university integrates experiential learning, creativity and innovation into the curriculum throughout all of the departments offered so that every student can reach their full academic potential. The faculty members are a committed group who constantly make the effort to see students through to a much-anticipated graduation. The hands-on projects and research opportunities provide valuable and life-long useful information.
California State Polytechnic University’s mission is to enhance the livelihood of all students who choose to enroll by providing a diverse and challenging curriculum that is both enlightening and memorable. The overall vision of this mission is to be a model of what higher education should truly consist of. Students are encouraged to face challenges head-on so that they can find new, innovative solutions to ongoing problems.
Some of California State Polytechnic University’s values include pursuing academic excellence through crafted, creative learning environments. The experiential learning environments allow for innovation, informed risk-taking and personal reflection on problem-solving. The overarching value at the university is student success. As a whole, the institution is centered around creating educational opportunities that not only provide knowledge but personal growth as ethical decision making as well. Next, is inclusivity. California State Polytechnic University embraces diversity and inclusivity on campus and beyond it. Community engagement is another prized value at CalPoly. By nurturing a strong and ever-evolving relationship with the community, students can utilize the relationships and connections to their benefit. Finally, there’s social and environmental responsibility. CalPoly recognizes the impact of having a damaging carbon footprint and ensures that each student, faculty and staff member is doing their part to showcase their respect and dedication to the planet’s well-being and all those who reside here.
California State Polytechnic University Accreditation Details
California State Polytechnic University holds regional accreditation from several agencies.
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission (NCA-HLC)
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-ACSCU)
California State Polytechnic University Application Requirements
First-year undergraduate students should provide the admissions office with an official application, satisfactory SAT or ACT scores, unofficial high school transcripts, an application fee of $70, and a social security number. First-year students who are from out of state should submit the same materials to be considered.
First-year graduate students should submit unofficial institutional transcripts, a social security number, a completed online application, and a $70 application fee.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Undergraduate students who are taking four credit units will pay $1,275. Those who are taking up to eight units will pay $1,825. For those enrolled in more than eight units will pay $2,065. All students will pay a mandatory $87 educational support fee. The activity fee for all undergraduate students is $95 and a $757 independent study fee.
Graduate students taking four credit units or less will pay $1,567. Students taking up to eight credit units will pay $2,245 and those taking eight credit units will pay $2,540. Graduate students will pay an $87 educational support fee, and $118 activity fee, and a $930 independent study fee.
CalPoly offers 52% of undergraduate students financial aid in the form of a scholarship or a grant On average, financial awards amount to $6,473.
California State Polytechnic University is for students who are doers. If you’re a leader and have innovative ideas that you are eager to put in motion, CalPoly is the perfect match.